Monday, February 9, 2009

Freezing vegetables



Before those carrots dry out or your celery goes limp freeze them! This is a great way to stretch those pennies. I also freeze bell peppers. I am lazy and just chop them throw them in bags and freeze. I don't blanch first them like is recommended and they are always fine. I also don't spend $$$$ on freezer bags to save a few cents worth of veggies. I double bag them in the very cheap zipper sandwich bags making sure to remove as much air as possible. It's great when you need celery and don't have any fresh. It saves the gas to the grocery store and any un-needed impulse buys you might make. Just this weekend while cleaning out the fridge I saved enough celery for 3 more meals and enough bell peppers for 2 meals by freezing instead of chucking them in the trash next week when they are long gone.

For a big list of veggies you can freeze and how click here: Freezing Veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment