Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Quick and Easy Coupons

There are several sights out there that allow you to load coupons onto your store card (preferred savings card - Albertsons, Fresh Values Card - Smiths, etc). I was hesitant to use these at first because I prefer to have somethings I can hold onto. However, the savings are worth it. These coupons act as in-store coupons so you are able to use them in addition to your manufacturers coupons.

For Example:

Smiths is having a sale on select items this week (buy 10 items get $3 off)
So, select General Mills cereals are $1.69
Manufacturers coupon: $1.00
Cellfire coupon (for Multigrain Cheerios $.75)
= Did you see that? I got paid to buy cereal!

Totinos Pizza Rolls $.95
Manufacturer's coupon $.35
Cellfire Coupon $.50
= $0.10 each

Not part of the buy 10 sale, the cottonelle toilet paper is always $1.00 at Smiths, use the cellfire coupon and $.50 manufacturer's coupon to get it for $.25 (although Kellie can tell you how to get free TP at Albertsons).

My Favorite coupon is definitely the diaper coupon. When their diapers go on sale you get $1.50 off with the cellfire coupon and $1-$1.50 off with your manufacturer's coupon. So $3 off a great sale price.

You can sign up here. I know they also send deals to your cell phone, I elected to not have them do that seeing as I don't have free texts. However I think you do have to allow them to text you at least once to confirm your registration.

Once you are signed up simply input your store card numbers and load your coupons. When you are at the store just make sure they swipe your frequent shopper card and you will see the deduction on your receipt (it will say: cellfire cpn -$0.75).

Another site that does the same thing (but does not use your cell phone) is Shortcuts. It works the same way and the coupons are often the same as on cellfire so you can pick up 2 of the same product (for all of you hoarders out there).

I still definitely prefer to have my coupons in my hand and see them scanned one by one, but this is a great money saver, it just takes a change in perspective.

Happy Savings!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mandy you can also load ecoupons at P&G and Upromise. There's a link down in my first coupon 101 post. :) The last upromise batch we got were really good!

    ReplyDelete